I’ve been sick for the past week and still am. My sister took pity on me and made me delicious batches of chicken noodle soup. Did I mention how awesome it is having a sister who knows how to make good chicken noodle soup?! It’s awesome!
Chicken Noodle Soup
1lb farfalle pasta, cooked according to package instructions
2 1/2-3 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken from Costco)
2 stalks of celery cut into small pieces
2 stalks of carrots cut into circles
1 cup of corn (optional)
2-3 teaspoons of chicken bouillon (I used chicken pho bouillon)
3 14 oz cans of chicken broth
4-5 14oz cans of water
1/2 teaspoon dill
1-2 teaspoon dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
red pepper flakes (optional)
- in a large pot, add chicken broth and water
- add celery and carrots and cook until fork tender
- add corn if you’re putting it in
- add dill, parsley, salt, and pepper
- if you’re adding red pepper flakes now would be a good time
- stir soup around and bring to a boil
- once it comes to a boil, add shredded chicken and pasta
- stir to get everything combined and let it cook for about a minute or two so the broth seeps into the noodles
**I noticed that my pasta absorbed a lot of the liquid so if you make this in a big batch and don’t plan on eating all of it than leave out the pasta until you are going to eat it.
It’s a super simple recipe and it reminds me of Progresso chicken noodle soup. Only this taste better!